If the driver doesn’t create the directory with the zone list, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:
- Verify the system name: Ensure that you are using the correct system name that was used when the thermostat was initially paired with the user’s Carrier account. Using the wrong system name can prevent the driver from creating the directory. The system name is case-sensitive. If you are unsure about the system name, it’s recommended to refer to the documentation or user manual provided by Carrier or contact their support team for assistance.
- Unpair and pair the thermostat: If you don’t remember the system name or suspect that it might be incorrect, you can try un-pairing and re-pairing the thermostat again on the user’s Carrier account. This process typically involves accessing the settings menu on the thermostat and selecting the unpair or disconnect option. Once unpaired, follow the instructions provided to pair the thermostat again with the correct system name.
- Allow time for communication: After adding the thermostat to a room, it’s important to wait for a sufficient amount of time for the driver to establish communication with Carrier’s service. In some cases (especially systems with a large number of thermostats), it may take at least 1 to 2 minutes for the driver to properly communicate and create the directory with the zone list.
- The authorization code has a very short expiration time (approximately ~30 seconds). Many people obtain the authorization code first and then slowly go through the process to install the driver. Instead, go through the process of installing the driver and enter in all other information (ie. api key, api secret, license key). Then go through the process to obtain the authorization code and system name. Once you obtain that info, put it in the driver and proceed.
- If after all these steps the folder is still not showing up, then you may contact us via email. We may ask you to send us the user’s account credentials in order to properly troubleshoot the issue. If sending the account credentials is not possible for whatever reason, then your only other option is to use an alternate control method, such as our other Carrier driver, that uses RS-232 and SAM module.